Sunday, August 22, 2004

Leaving Earth

Someone i know just left the Earth - left to go Home, to his Real Father. Another child of His finally went to meet Him, reunite with Him. Was he ready? Oh, yeah! He was "packed" for Heaven. Here is some of his words Before Leaving:

"In December (2003) I wrote that it felt like living in "no man's land." I had more or less 'left' this world with its responsibilities and routines, expecting to go to Heaven in a short while. We are now 4 months further, and I am still around. On the one hand it feels very good. Baukje and I are thankful that we get more time together than expected. More time with children and grandchildren. On the other hand it takes emotionally a toll to live with this constant insecurity of not knowing what the near future will bring. Please pray for me that I find rest and joy in the Lord Himself. In Matthew 6:34 Jesus said the well known words:
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
How I need to practice this! Enjoying each extra day the Lord allows us to have together." /Gert Doornenbal


I remember thinking one day: "how many people there is in Home already whom i miss here on Earth". And I even had a funny thought - to say to someone who is about to Leave: "bring my greeting to this person and this and this one..."

How good is to know the Real Father - the Father of our souls !!!

No comments: